- Headline ISM Service PMI rose to 69.1 in November.
- That marked a record-high going back to 1997 when the survey began.
The Institute of Supply Management’s headline Services PMI index rose to a fresh record high at 69.1 in November versus forecasts for a modest fall to 65.0 from 61.9 in October.
- The Business Activity index rose to 74.6 from 69.8 in October.
- The Prices Paid index fell to 82.3 from 82.9 in October.
- The New Orders index held steady at 69.7 in November.
- The Employment index rose to 56.5 from 51.6 in October.
The US dollar got further tailwinds in wake of the strong ISM report, with the DXY pushing to fresh session highs in the 96.30s.